Software Niagara is a grassroots initiative to build a stronger software community and start-up culture in the Niagara Region.
Software Niagara is led by local designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and students. All of whom believe that Niagara is a great place to create new technology and grow businesses. Furthermore, we believe that sharing, collaboration, and healthy community spirit are vital to building a strong technology sector in Niagara.
We are trying to do our part to make Niagara a great place to live and work for creatives and developers.
- We organize DemoCamp Niagara to showcase “Made in Niagara” technology.
- We organize hackathons with a focus on open data and civic engagement.
- We organize regular co-working sessions to facilitate knowledge exchange.
- We promote local start-up and technology groups and events.
- We encourage children and adults to develop computer literacy and programming skills.
Software Niagara was founded in 2012 based on the Software Hamilton concept. Software Hamilton played a major role in building the vibrant software and start-up community that exists in Hamilton, Ontario today.
Software Niagara is a true grassroots movement. We are community-driven with all work being done by volunteers. We have no official mandate nor are we affiliated with any business, government, or non-government organization. Any sponsorship is only used to cover event costs.
- Send me an email